Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Exciting News! new goals and the power of perseverance

It's been a looong time since I've last updated my blog and a lot has happened since. While I was still in school, I was ecstatic to find out that I've been accepted to be a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista! My first internship ever! Even though I was super happy about the opportunity, I still wanted to see if I could get another internship for the summer.
Long after the expected period of summer internship applications (Jan-April) and hearing no response, I continued my search, hoping that somehow things will work out. I spent the weeks after I returned home diligently searching InternMatch and Indeed and other job/internship search engines. I even started applying for jobs at the mall in case I'd have nothing. I knew that if I stopped applying, I would feel like I gave up and didn't try hard enough.
After numerous applications and a few interviews, just yesterday, I received an offer from Birchbox to intern for them this summer. It was a long process but I am SOO excited to be given this opportunity.
Going through the process of finding internships or even jobs is discouraging to say the least. You must go through 20+ rejections before even expecting just one interview. BUT NEVER GIVE UP. The old me would have been too discouraged to continue applying for internships especially this late in the game (I applied in the beginning of June!).
For those of you who are on the same boat as me, I encourage you to persevere. Be persistent. Because if you want to reach your goals, it's definitely not going to come easy. The ones who keep trying will see the fruits of their labor soon enough :)

So right now, I finally feel like I have my life on track. 2 internships for this summer and potentially 2 scored for the fall. I couldn't be more blessed!

Another goal I've adopted for the summer is to be more healthy. I've been inspired by Blogilates and even more so when Cassey came to speak at my sorority's convention. Not only do I want to look healthy, I want to feel healthy. I've made some changes in my diet recently, trying to cut out a lot of processed sugar and unnecessary sodium.

I love the feeling of accomplishment. And after all I've been through in the past few years, I'm really happy that things really did work out for me in the end :) 


ps: check out my CollegeFashionista posts here


♥ Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment