Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring is here!

Today is the last day of my Spring Break. The one thing that isn't keeping from wallowing in depression is the fact that the semester will be over come mid May. It's actually kind of scary at the same time. I must have applied to 50 internships but not one offer yet :(

Even though it's time to go back to my dingy apartment in Bing, I'm glad I was able to release my urge to bake while at home. I can't bake in my apartment's dirty kitchen. It just doesn't send good baking vibes and I need a good kitchen in order to bake. For some reason, I really wanted to make macarons. Throughout my entire break, I ended up making 3 batches. I made it my personal goal to perfect the macaron. Then maybe someday I'll be able to sell them in my bakery (in my dreams...)!

Today, I was able to make an (almost) perfect batch! Although the shells browned a bit, the texture was on point. I guess next time I'll lower the temperature and bake them for longer. Nevertheless, I'm proud :)

Spring weather is upon us and it's making me very happy and optimistic. Here comes the cute dresses and shorts! I'm hoping to end this semester with a bang. So here's to another month and a half of my junior year!

♥ Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment