Monday, January 7, 2013

December Favorites!

I can't believe it has already been a week into January! That means one week closer to going back to school. ugh.

I've had a lot of favorites and not so favorite products, food, clothes etc. so I figured this was a perfect way to express my opinions of everything! I'm probably gonna have a series of posts to prevent it from being one long and wordy post that I'm sure no one wants to scroll through.

Beauty Loves!


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Romantic
After debating whether or not to try this out, I was convinced by how great it looked on StyleSuzi to finally purchase it. This has been my staple for the past few months! I love how moisturizing the formula is and how smooth it glides on. Romantic is a warm red shade that looks great on my skin tone. The lasting power is decent. I would have expected it to really stain my lips as it is advertised but because it's so balm-like, I don't mind reapplying it once or twice during the day. I want to try out Rendezvous next :)


Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
After hearing great things about this foundation, I picked it up at the end of summer right before the Fall semester, hoping it would be a staple for everyday easy and quick foundation wear. Thankfully it did what I wished for and more! The texture is very mousse like and actually thicker than what I thought it would be. However, it goes on with a light-medium coverage which can be built up to a heavy coverage if needed. It does not feel cakey at all and the finish is very natural. It has not broke me out and it actually controls the oil on my face very well! My only gripe with the product is the the packaging. While the glass jar feels very sturdy and high class, it can be impractical to travel with and rather unsanitary if you dip your fingers in the pot during every application.



Remington T-Studio Pearl Ceramic Curling Wand (1/2-1")
I've been intrigued by curling wands for a while now and finally purchased this one off Amazon since the reviews seemed mostly positive. This Remington curling wand feels very light weight and almost cheap and plastic-y HOWEVER it does the job and it does it well!! It takes time getting used to how to maneuver your arms and hands to wrap your hair around the conical barrel but it didn't take me long to figure out the best way to hold it. My curls lasted a loooooooong time after using this. I'm talking about curling my hair at night then sleeping on it, then going a whole day with it looking perfect, then sleeping on it again, then going ANOTHER day with it looking nice and wavy and perfectly tousled. Yes, I didn't wash my hair for two days and felt really gross but my curls lasted! and looked better day by day! Now that's saying something since my hair has a hard time holding curls.

Stay tuned for my favorite winter snacks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment