Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December Favs Part 2!

One thing I looked forward to coming home to after the semester was over was FOOD. Good ol' home cooked food... or ANY food for that matter. My apartment at school is always lacking food or more specifically, healthy food. So I always end up whipping up a hearty bowl of instant ramen for those long nights hunched over my books. After being deprived for the last remaining days of the semester, I gorged myself on food once I got home :D

No shame.

Food loves!


popchips
I rummaged through our pantry like a hungry raccoon one night and came upon a bag of these. Curious, I ate a few...then a few more... then before I knew it, the bag has half empty. These are so addicting and yummy!! popchips are popped chips (like their name) instead of being fried or baked which makes them healthier somehow? I don't know but these are just plain addicting!


Matcha
After the holidays, Teavana was having a HUGE sale. I picked up a few cans of their Imperial Grade Matcha for only $8 as opposed to it's original price of $36. DEALZ! I always wanted to get my hands on some matcha to make green tea flavored goodies. After making my own green tea lattes and plain old matcha tea, I am hooked. I've always loved green tea flavored anything but this has rekindled that fire! I'm inspired to do some baking with my new matcha powder! Green tea macarons perhaps? :)


Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows
While the finals week blues brought me down, cups of hot chocolate with lots and lots of marshmallows on top seemed to be the only thing to push me forward. I think I literally drank this everyday. AND finished a bag of marshmallows by the time my exams were finally over. I used to have a thing against hot cocoa mix because whenever someone made it for me, it'd be watery and gross. However, I can proudly say that I've perfected the ratio of hot cocoa mix, hot water, a splash of milk, a pinch of salt, and a handful of marshmallows. Delicious!

My favorite winter accessories and clothes will be the last of my December Favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment